To achieve its ambition of innovative healthcare solutions and access to effective treatments in Africa, IASPharma2021 is open to innovations to drive medical research and development, leveraging potential groundbreaking solutions.
In furtherance of advancing the development of innovative solutions, IAS is hosting an innovation challenge pitch session for the period leading to the FINALE at IASPharma2021. Innovators are to submit ideas for innovative technologies, products and solutions that have the potential to create positive impact for African communities for up to NGN 10,000,000.00 or more in grant funding.
Innovation Categories Scope
Sub-Saharan Africa bears a large percentage of the global disease burden in addition to the sheer shortage of healthcare professionals. We are seeking disruptive but efficient and sustainable innovative solutions to address the gaps and increase access to healthcare in Africa
Funding is a big impediment to the Biotech industry and our aim is to enable meaningful biotech development. We are seeking innovations that directly contributes to the increasing demand for healthcare devices that are conducive to low resource environment
We are on the lookout for digital and tech enabled tools that can connect people to treatment, support and care and improve health outcomes at the grassroots level of primary healthcare.
The increasing gap in Africa’s overall healthcare manufacturing explains lack of access to essential devices & products.
We seek innovations that can support the local manufacturing industry that promotes access to sustainable systems and equipment
The African continent is short on access to a functioning medicine supply chain which includes appropriate warehousing and efficient transportation. We seek innovations that identify reliable medicine supply chains with effective in-country distribution systems
- To be an enabler and champion of complex clinical research and healthcare solutions.
- Provide financial support for compelling ideas among intellectual innovators.
- Create, train and mentor a pool of experienced and committed leaders who will provide strategic expertise and perspective for the health care sector.
Benefits To Winners
- The best innovations will get access to Xcene Research’s network and value chain, allowing them to further develop and grow their value proposition.
- Product development, distribution, and business modeling will be supported for winning ideas.
- Up to NGN 10,000,000.00 in seed funding and capital injection to scale up existing business operations.
- Mentorship and support from Xcene research as well as industry leaders in chosen business industry.
- Opportunity to pitch business case/products/services to prospective investors during IAS 2021 Investor forum.
- Recognition and exposure during the IAS 2021 event
- The winners will also have access to Xcene Research’s customer base and employee expertise to further bolster their operations
- Early-stage businesses registered in Nigeria and Sub-Saharan Africa with the potential to positively disrupt the healthcare sector.
- For unregistered businesses, candidates must prove ownership and ingenuity of business idea.
- Businesses may operate in but not limited to the Financial Technology, E-Commerce, Health, Education, Manufacturing and Agricultural sectors.
- Entries must demonstrate the potential for scale from proof of concept to long-term sustainability.
- Implementation should be able to cater to the underfunded population
Idea should have a strategy for full commercialization
To register as a participant, simply fill the form below and click the submit button to proceed to the payment portal. Please not that the Registration Fee is $20. Early bird Fee is however, $16. Early bird registration ends on 22nd October while all registrations end on 29th October
Innovation Challenge Pitch Takes Place
Venue: Radisson Blu HotelDate: 13th November 2021Time: 8am –7:30pm WAT
Please note that participation is strictly by invitation and the top 30 applicants will be shortlisted for the event.