Innovation Challenge 2.0
The IASPharma2021 innovation 1.0 was a success with 3 impactful innovations emerging across the manufacturing and digital health sectors. There is no doubt that there is a paradigm shift in healthcare with exponential growth in technologies driving the change in making care delivery less expensive, more efficient, and more accessible.
To achieve its ambition of innovative healthcare solutions and access to effective treatments in Africa, IASPharma2022 is open to innovations to drive medical research and development, leveraging potential groundbreaking solutions.
In furtherance of advancing the development of innovative solutions, IAS is hosting an innovation challenge pitch session at our head office for the period leading to the award presentation at IASPharma2022. Innovators are to submit ideas for innovative technologies, products and solutions that have the potential to create positive impact in African communities. Individuals with compelling breakthrough solutions based on scalability, effectiveness and business sustainability will have access to funding from IAS.
Innovation Challenge 1.0
Innovation Categories Scope
Sub-Saharan Africa bears a large percentage of the global disease burden in addition to the sheer shortage of healthcare professionals. We are seeking disruptive but efficient and sustainable innovative solutions to address the gaps and increase access to healthcare in Africa
Funding is a big impediment to the Biotech industry and our aim is to enable meaningful biotech development. We are seeking innovations that directly contributes to the increasing demand for healthcare devices that are conducive to low resource environment
We are on the lookout for digital and tech enabled tools that can connect people to treatment, support and care and improve health outcomes at the grassroots level of primary healthcare.
Manufacturing/Supply Chain & Logistics
The increasing gap in Africa’s overall healthcare manufacturing explains lack of access to essential devices & products. We seek innovations that can support the local manufacturing and supply chain industries with effective in-country distribution systems that promote access to sustainable systems and equipment
- To be an enabler and champion of complex clinical research and healthcare solutions.
- Provide financial support for compelling ideas among intellectual innovators.
- Create, train and mentor a pool of experienced and committed leaders who will provide strategic expertise and perspective for the health care sector.
Benefits To Winners
- The best innovators will get access to Xcene Research’s network and value chain, allowing them to further develop and grow their value proposition.
- Capital infusion by Xcene Research for upscaling/business activities
- Recognition and exposure during the IAS 2022 event
- The winners will also have access to Xcene Research’s customer base and employee expertise to further bolster their operations
- Early-stage businesses registered in Nigeria and Sub-Saharan Africa with the potential to positively disrupt the healthcare sector.
- For unregistered businesses, candidates must prove ownership and ingenuity of business idea.
- Businesses may operate in but not limited to the Financial Technology, E-Commerce, Education, Manufacturing and Agricultural sectors as it relates to the Healthcare Industry.
- Entries must demonstrate the potential for scale from proof of concept to long-term sustainability.
- Implementation should be able to cater to the underserved population.
- Idea should have a strategy for full commercialization.
- Signed permission from your partners and/or shareholders.
What to Bring
- A slide deck of your upscaling Business Plan/Proposal explaining who you are, what you do and how you plan to expand
- Signed consent of partner(s) and or shareholders
- CAC certificate/Proof of business ownership
- Financial Statements
To register as a participant, simply fill the form below and ensure you attach your Slide Deck/Business Case/Company Profile.
Innovation Challenge Pitch Takes Place
Venue: S&B Tejuosho Estate, Ogunsiji Close, Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos
Date: 24th November 2022
Time: 8am – 6pm WAT
Please note that participation is strictly by invitation and the top 30 applicants will be shortlisted for the event.